Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trip to the Beach


We went to the Oregon coast for a 3-day getaway with my mom and her boyfriend. We were hoping my sister & hubby could come to, but it didn’t work out for them to come. It was a l-o-n-g drive from here to Manzanita, OR… 6 long hours in the car. I think that is the thing I hate most about going someplace. I wish I could be like our dogs and just crash in the back seat and sleep the trip away. Or even if I could read or do a craft of something… but I have horrible motion sickness and every time I’ve tried that I’ve ended up regretting it! We rented a house on the beach. We found one that was dog-friendly so I was a little worried about how clean it would be… but it was great. It was clean & homey. It had huge windows that looked out over the ocean and a big deck. The weather was beautiful and sunny. It was a little cool, but I expected that so brought lots of warm clothes. On Saturday my mom & jim went to play golf and Don and I rented 3-wheeled fun cycles and rode around on the beach. It was a good workout! Especially trying to maneuver these things with a dog on a leash. Saturday afternoon I just sat in a cozy chair and enjoyed watching the waves roll in. It was sooo relaxing! The trip went far too fast! And then the l-o-n-g drive home L But it was worth it, I had a wonderful time! It was fun to watch the kids on the beach building sandcastles & playing in the sand & just have a good time. I can’t wait until we can share that with our daughter. We will definitely be planning another trip next spring and hopefully my sis & her hubby will be able to come. I think it would be fun to plan an annual family trip to the beach.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so happy you guys had a great time. We really wished we could have gone, but with the new job that I am HOPEFULLY getting, it'll be much easier and affordable for us.

Kristy said...

Wow our mom is a knockout!!!! She's beautiful!! It sounds like the weekend was so relaxing. Just so you know, I hhhhaaatttteee riding in a car too!!!!

Kristy