Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's a gloomy day inside & out

Well.... news on adoptions matches was bad. Especially since so many of us had our hopes up that things were suppose to improve & we expected a higher than normal amount of matches. But, only 2 days of waiting parents got their matches this month. Congratulations to those families who have been waiting so long. That is an all time low! Funny how we expected high numbers and we got lower than low numbers. Woe is me. I'm feeling very tired of all this anticipation and yearning for our baby. We decided to adopt in August 2005. And now over 3 years later still we don't have our baby. I have this large empty space in my heart that just hurts right now. My hopes have been dashed so many times over the last 3 years, I just feel like giving up. The January winter weather isn't helping either. It has been dark & cloudy for 2 weeks. I think the sun is still up there, just haven't seen it for 2 weeks.
God - I know you have a plan... I'm not liking it it, but you have infinite wisdom and know what is best. So I pray that you help me get through this wait, show me what you are trying to accomplish in my life through this trial. Help me put my trust in you and not the ways of this world. Thank you for all the blessings in my life (my husband, my fur babies [Jake, Faith, Rocky, Sawyer], my sister, my home, my job, my family & friends) In Jesus precious name... Amen.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Beautifully prayed. Just so you know you are not alone in all this despair, I am sending hugs ((((to you))) right now. It will happen, I just know that there will be a speedup, something has got to give. I have relied on Galatians 6:9 alot in the past 3 years.

Don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.

Love, Kristy

Catherine said...

Keep your faith.....I understand it is hard at times, but I just "know" in my heart that you and I will hold our daughters TOGETHER in China! Stay positive you hear?!