Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

I got this idea (Thankful Thursdays) from a fellow blogger. I have also been doing some reading about the secret behind joyful people. It seems joyful people concentrate on the things they are thankful for in their lives rather than focusing on the problems and disappointments. What great advice. I bought the plaque above at a christmas bazaar last year. My mom an I went to see my sister who lives about 1 hour away. It was such a fun day... we went to several bazaars and had lunch and just had some fun girl time! When I saw this plaque I though it was a perfect reminder to remember there is always something to be thankful for. Even when things in your life aren't going the way you want them to.

The funny thing is... I was sitting on my couch this last Sunday and I looked at the plaque and read it. And I was surprised to see the word "Always" written on it twice. Who added the second "always"??????? I could swear when I bought this plaque it didn't have the word "always" twice in a row!!!!!!!! When my hubby got home I asked him and he said the same thing. It was a little freakie. It's funny what your mind thinks. Did someone change it??? That is impossible! Is it a sign that I'm not being thankful (because lately I've been focusing on what I don't have rather than being thankful for what I do). Is God trying to make a point with me??? Well, we'll never know! I guess I'll just remember to be thankful!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yes there is....Always.

Happy Valentines Day to the both of you.

Love and blessings, Kristy