Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baby Showers for Mia Grace

Collage of Zhanjiang, made by Wendy & Sara
Yummy cupcakes & chopstick favors
Work shower friends
Cutest dress ever!


I am so blessed to have the best coworkers, friends & family to share our adoption journey with. You have all followed our ups & downs over the last 4 years and were so excited when we finally were matched with our daughter. We all celebrated with 2 baby showers.

One on Jan 23 that was given by my wonderful friends/co-workers, boss & ex-boss. It was at the Sage Restaurant (very good food BTW) and my ex-boss (Karla) made the most wonderful raspberry muffins (non dairy of course, just for me). We had so much fun playing games and talking about Mia and when she'd be home. And Mia got so many nice things. She is going to be the best dressed baby in town. Thank you to everyone! P.S. special mention to the dress my friend Sheri got her, gorgeous! Black velvet with white tule skirt.

The next shower was on Jan 30 or 31 at noon or 3 pm (tee hee, there was a little mix-up) at the White House Cafe. This was given by my VERY special sister, Wendy and assisted by her very special friend, Sara. They did an outstanding job. The decorations were chinese lanterns & parasols. My sister made the very best chocolate cupcakes (non dairy of course) with cute chinese parasols on top. She also made the coolest party favors that were chopsticks tied with a bow with Mia's name on them in english & chinese. They also made a collage of pictures from the town Mia is from... so precious, we will cherish this! It was so fun to have so many of my friends & family together to celebrate our new daughter.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Glad you are having fun. I feel like we need to all throw you a few more showers just to properly correlate with your wait time. Haha.

Sorry about the issue with the time. I swear I will improve on Mia's 5th birthday invites (that is, if I'm still hired).

I had to LOL a little that both showers made non dairy dessert. We got your back!

31...or 30 days and counting for Baby M! Can't wait! Tell them to send MORE PICTURES!